Telecommunication equipment is a device for transmitting signals of any type. Receivers of very different distances act as subscribers: international, regional, local. The list of telecommunication equipment is wide:
- Broadcasting, radio communication and television facilities.
- The devices that make up the communication structure.
- Information systems equipment.
This list does not include alarm systems, terminals, ATMs, medical devices, and devices that can display information without the use of microelectronic circuits.
Telecommunication equipment is divided into 4 groups, which differ in function.
- Devices and nodes for data transmission.
- Switching systems consisting of parts and blocks. They provide data exchange between subscribers.
- Subscriber devices that are installed for data exchange and transferred for personal use.
- Satellite communications for the exchange of information internationally.
Often, several groups of equipment are used simultaneously for data exchange. It is used by large industry companies: mobile network operators, Internet companies, providers.
Active and passive telecommunication equipment
This is a conditional division of devices, which is based on the principle of their operation. The active equipment group includes adapters, hubs, switches, print servers and routers. Their tasks are reduced to the transmission and grouping of information flows. Such equipment is capable of creating communication channels. The high intensity of his work is the reason for his heavy workload.
The group of passive equipment includes connectors, patchcords, cables, trunking and sockets. With their help, a route for data transmission is formed. These devices do not need power to operate: the signal passes through them without amplification.
Telecommunications equipment release
The demand for telecommunications equipment is formed by telecom operators, industrial enterprises, departmental and power structures. To create a network infrastructure, they buy both ready-made solutions and individual blocks. Manufacturers offer consumers a large list of devices, the quality of which is constantly improving. The list of demanded equipment includes routers, SCS components, media convectors, video panels, multiplexers, remote control systems, radio bridges, Wi-Fi controllers and access points, modems, programs “ Smart home “.
Installation, configuration, equipment repair
Manufacturers offer companies not only the purchase of various telecommunications equipment, but also services for its installation and connection:
- data center infrastructure creation;
- networking broadly available and equipped with Triple Play;
- create a wireless network;
- automation of organizational and industrial processes in enterprises, including in the energy industry;
- development and implementation of a corporate communications structure;
- schematic design and installation for energy management.
There are a number of other services, but the ones mentioned above are some of the most popular. Also, the supplier gives a guarantee of serviceability and repairs the equipment on the agreed terms, depending on the timing of the breakdown since the date of purchase, the conditions of the malfunction, its nature.
Telecommunication equipment can be rented. Such services are used by enterprises that need it for a short time or to test the rationality of an acquisition.
The demand for telecommunications equipment is constantly growing. In 2018, the growth rate was 2.1%. Consumer leaders are mobile operators, Internet providers, postal and fixed telephone services, as well as cable TV.